Thursday, March 24, 2011

Coyotes all around me...

Gosh, I would love to be able to spend my last days moseying around my yard, checking out all my buried bones, peeing where my friends pee, sniffing out some rodents and barking at whatever wanders by.  No go. 

My MMM & DDD won't let me go outside alone with coyotes roaming around our peninsula, waiting to devour a tender morsel such as myself, or my neighbors, Max, Bella and Buster.  Us little dogs are easy prey to hungry coyotes so all winter we've either had to be indoors or go outside dragging the boss around by the leash.  As we speak, MMM and I looked out the window and saw two of them on the ice, not together, but stalking as in a pack.  Very scary.

I had hoped that the ice would go out while I am still here so I can have some freedom to roam, visit the neighbors, see Jimmy, the UPS guy with treats, the nice mailman who stops for me, the friendly human neighbors who slow down when they drive by.  It doesn't seem likely but miracles do happen, don't they?

OK, MMM went to the vet and got a new drug for me, Codeine,  which is supposed to keep me from coughing.  Its much smaller that the last pill so she was hopeful I'd take it more easily.  Ha!  She tried a hamburger with cheese, I spit it out.  She went to my favorite, Petco, and bought these little treats called Pill Pockets that have a hole it in for the pill.  No! No! No!  I hate that treat let alone with the DREADED PILL in it!  She bought some cute doggie sandwich cookies, like Oreos, and smashed the pill into the frosting in the middle.  Nope, didn't work.  I ate around the pill and spit it out.

If anyone has an ideas what might appeal to me, please comment.  I know I need these pills.  They will make the end easier for me. Enough about the pill!

Otherwise, we had a good day.  We just came back from the walk and I'm going to take a little nap sitting by my MMM's feet in the living room, a place where I find great comfort and love.  I wish I could be there forever. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home