Monday, March 28, 2011

Whew! I'm still here!

What a great weekend we had!  I got an email from one of my friends, Tuffy.  My MMM read it to me (I can write but reading is hard since I am blind in my right eye) and it warmed my heart.  Tuffy stayed with us a few years ago when her MMM went on vacation.  I let her sleep in the bed with us.  That was nice of me. But, then again...I like dogs.

My MMM made the liver, just like she promised.  No onions!  Dogs can't eat onions!  Tell your friends.  Also, dogs can't eat raisins or grapes.  My nephew Monty ate a little box of raisins he found under the bed (so his DDD presumed) while they were on vacation at a hotel that loves dogs. Those damn raisins (sorry, didn't mean to swear) kept him in the hospital all weekend and he never got to enjoy his vacation (nor did his DDD).  No grapes either!

Anyway, back to my weekend.  Saturday was fun with DDD being home.  He was coughing too.  I hope he didn't catch something from me! Although he was sick he paid attention to me all weekend, patting me, rubbing my belly, taking me outside and patiently waiting while I sniffed and peed on every upright obstacle.  DDD didn't cry when he kissed me like MMM does sometimes. Us guys are tough!

Bella and Buster went for a walk with me on Sunday and didn't bite my head off. Must be a "sympathy walk." I have to wear a harness these days so nothing is around my neck and makes me cough.  Yeah, the coughing is getting worse, especially at night.

My MMM called the doctor today about the coughing getting worse.  He said to increase the dose of Codeine so we can sleep at night.  It makes me sleepy and stops the coughing but I want to be awake and alert so I don't miss a thing.  My MMM said we'll stay with the lower dose during the day as long as I am not coughing too much.  It gets bad when I lay down so I don't sleep much during the day. 

Actually, I never did sleep much during the day anyway. Had to keep an eye out for the mailman, for Jimmy the UPS guy, or any other humans or dogs coming down our road.  That was my job.  Who will do it when I am gone?

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home