Friday, April 1, 2011

Guess what? I got a card in the old fashioned mail today...

My MMM always tries to get me inside the house by saying "let's get the mail." I always run to the mailbox with her but there has never been any mail for me. Today was different.  I got mail!

A cute dog card came from my human friends, Liam, Jack and Karen and their dog Wrigley, wishing me well on my journey to Doggie Heaven.  That was so nice!  I keep looking at my card and smiling.  Maybe I will get more cards before the BIG DAY.  They even sent my MMM a cute dog card wishing her strength when she loses me.  Oh, I saw those tears in her eyes when she read the cards to me and she had said she'd try not to cry in front of me.  But this was really special so I didn't make a big deal.

Last night I heard her crying in the living room while watching some TV show and I wasn't even in the show!  Why was she crying?  I asked her about it when we cuddled before going to sleep and she said that sometimes humans cry watching shows, reading a book, or hearing a sad story or a song.  Once they start boo-hooing, they start thinking of other things they want to cry about and off they go...wiping, blowing, using those little white puffy papers in the bathroom and sometimes make a noise my MMM calls "sobbing."  Dogs don't sob. 

I don't cry but I moan.  I will ask my MMM to make a video of me moaning so you can laugh at me. Keep an eye out for that.  My parents always laugh when I moan.  My DDD moans when he brushes his teeth and eats good food.  That's weird.  I moan when I am wanting attention or I am content.  It started when I was a puppy.  I sit on the back of the sofa and look at my MMM.  When she looks at me, I moan.  When she looks away, I bark at her.  She laughs.  DDD laughs.  We do this a lot.  Its fun.

This morning my next door neighbor Max, a one year old white West Highland Terrier and I met outside.  He's the one who like to sniff my "you know what" which drives me crazy. Today, he wanted to play, pushing up against me, running into me and jumping all over me.  I just don't have the energy to play with Max.  So I raised my lip and showed him some teeth incorporating a nice low growl.  He didn't even notice.  That's Max for you!

Then my human friend Steph came to visit me and my MMM with her adorable little human girl, Carly and their new wiener dog, Mugsy. When I first saw Mugsy come in the door, I thought, "Oh, no!  They already have a replacement for me!!!"  I freaked!  Then Steph told me that Mugsy was their dog.  Whew!  Mugsy and I had fun together.  She is smaller than me so it was fun to herd her around.  She ate some of my chicken.  That's OK.  I'm not that hungry.

My DDD just came home.  He'll be with me all weekend.  I'm so glad he's here.  Every moment with my family is so comforting.  I do miss some other family members.  Maybe they'll come visit before I have to go.  One more lick would feel good. 

I miss my aunt in California.  We used to Skype (see the photo of me waiting to Skype with her).  Maybe we'll Skype this weekend.  Once I saw her on Skype and licked the screen.  Not the same as licking her face though.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home